The Annual Art Auction
Save the Date! 25th Annual Art Auction
Friday, April 26, 2019
Ponitz Center, Sinclair Community College
Admissions at the door
Doors open at 6 p.m.; Admissions $75 per person
The biggest and best, 100+ ORIGINAL works of art by the best of the best LOCAL artists at AFFORDABLE prices along with 700 art-partiers party of them all! Held the last Friday in April, The Contemporary Dayton’s signature fundraiser is more casual than your average gala and guarantees something for everyone, plus great music, tons of food and fun—all in support of our mission.
Pics from the 2018 Auction + Party
More About Mobile Bidding
How to Participate in Mobile Bidding
Register your cell phone at the event
- To place bids on auction items or to donate, register at Check-In the night of the Auction. You will provide your name, mobile number and your credit card will be swiped for easy check out at the end of the evening if you make art purchases. You will have the option to pay for your purchases with check or cash if you choose not to use your card at check-out. Your card number will not be saved after the end of the event.
If you are bidding early (you purchased tickets by April 22 and will receive a link to allow you to bid before the night of the event)
- If you purchase your admissions by April 22, you will receive a text a few days before the Auction allowing you to pre-register and begin bidding before the event. If you have pre-registered via this link, you will have express check-in the night of the event.
Bid via Smartphone:
- You will receive a BLUE text message on your smartphone that will take you to your personal bidding page. Browse and select the items you would like to bid on, enter your bid amount and push BID to submit your offer. Current bid amounts will continually update throughout the evening. You will receive a text if you are outbid that will take you directly to that item if you choose to make a higher bid. The option to set a selected maximum bid amount is available in Auto Bid mode (on the item bid page) which will automatically increase your bid up to that amount through the evening each time you are outbid on the item.
To Bid without a Smartphone:
- If you do not have a smartphone or do not wish to use your phone to bid the night of the Auction, there will be multiple volunteers with tablets at the event that can assist you with bidding on your selected items. You will provide them with your name or bid number you receive at check in and they will enter your bid for you on their device.
To Donate via Smartphone:
- You can also donate to The Contemporary Dayton on your Smartphone by clicking the ‘Donate’ button on the Auction screen on your phone. Simply enter the amount you would like to donate into the box and select ‘Give.’
Auction Volunteer Application
Thank You to Our Generous 2018 Auction Sponsors
Dr. Robert L. Brandt, Jr.
Heidelberg Distributing Company
Houser Asphalt & Concrete
Square One Salon & Spa
University of Dayton
Cross Street Partners
Amelia Hounshell & Brian Albrecht / Element Utility Service
Sebaly, Shillito + Dyer
Thompson Hine LLP
Cindy Mason & Jim Crosset
Zig Zag Gallery
Children’s Medical Center of Dayton
Pam & Dave Denka
Cathy & Craig Hall
Miller Valentine Group
Rick Omlor & Liz Hardy
RSM US, LLP
Jon & Diana Sebaly
Eileen & Richard Carr
Larry & Marilyn Klaben
David & Laurie Leach
Gayle & Irvin Moscowitz
Shari & Don Rethman
Susan Strong & Bob Pohl
Sandra & Jim Wall
2018 Auction Press Release
Guest Review: A 30-Something's Perspective on Buying Art
2018 Auction Co-Chair
2018 Auction Co-Chair
Huge thanks to our generous 2018 Auction Chairs Jennifer Brumby and Matt DiCicco.
Jennifer currently serves on The Contemporary Dayton’s Board of Trustees and is an attorney and the Director of Human Resources for the City of Centerville. Matthew is Senior Vice President of Consulting Services and General Counsel of a Registered Investment Advisory firm, Eubel Brady & Suttman Asset Management.
Jenn and Matt are dedicated to the community and serve in leadership roles on a number of non-profit boards and committees. They are passionate community builders and believe in supporting and growing contemporary art in Dayton. They live in Beavercreek and have a son who attends Miami University in Oxford and a daughter studying abroad in Italy.