The Dayton Visual Arts Center—DVAC—is all about the art being made today, in and around Dayton, Ohio, throughout the Midwest—and occasionally—throughout the world. We invite everyone to experience real, original art and to engage in conversation about it.
You don’t have to be an artist to join us—looking at art is half the fun, and “lookers” are half of our membership. While some of us are artists, we are also art supporters, educators and advocates. We are community-minded, culturally connected, and passionate about visual art. We don’t all agree on what we like, but we all agree art is important.
DVAC is inclusive—we celebrate the vast range of media, style, and level of art-making that exists in the greater Dayton area and connect it to the greater region. We help connect the public to art and the individuals creating it. Members experience the pleasure of original art that is engaging, that comes with stories and people attached. So, if you:
- Want a gallery art experience without having to pay admission or make reservations
- Want to know more about local artists
- Want to know more about contemporary art and issues in the contemporary art world today
- Want to know more about collecting art
- Like to be connected to others who share your artistic interests
- Like to be connected to arts professionals from across the country
- Like to be part of a diverse, friendly, community-based organization
Then the Dayton Visual Arts Center is for you!
If you have questions or need help call us at 937/224.3822. You can donate online using our secure site or mail a check to the Dayton Visual Arts Center at 118 N. Jefferson St., Dayton, OH 45402. Your donations are tax deductible.